Jason B. PearlManaging Partner
- Practices : Asbestos & Mesothelioma, General Consultation, Insurance Claims, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Negligent/Inadequate Security, Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect, Personal Injury Law, Slip & Fall, Workers Compensation
A native South Floridian drawn to The Law since childhood, Jason Pearl is now the managing partner at Thomas & Pearl PA. In addition to providing the firm with his own innovative brand of leadership and management skills, he represents clients in all forms of personal injury and accident cases, as well as Workers’ Compensation claims throughout the state of Florida. Originally hailing from Miami, Jason moved to Fort Lauderdale as a youth, where he attended and graduated from the prestigious Pine Crest Preparatory School. He then chose to remain in the area and pursue his undergraduate degree at Florida Atlantic University – in large part so that he could help care for his ailing mother. After receiving his BA in Business Management from FAU, Jason set right out after his law degree, attending Nova Southeastern University’s Shepard Broad Law Center, where he received an illustrious Book Award as the top student in his class, in Workers’ Compensation Law. He earned his Juris Doctor degree in July 2006 and was admitted to the Florida bar the next year. It was while attending law school that a personal passion of Jason’s began to emerge – for Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) training. His ongoing years of training in this demanding discipline seem to have had impact on and parallels in his professional life as well. For as a lawyer, he demonstrates a notable combination of calm, steely determination, laser-like focus and competitive spirit – as nice and low-key a guy as you’d ever want to meet, with the kind of inner strength and resolve that make him a great negotiator and legal advocate.
As Thomas & Pearl’s very active managing partner, Jason wears multiple hats – from handling Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation claims, to maintaining and building upon close, personal relationships in all corners of the local community – a hallmark of the firm since its inception in 1973.
- JD, Nova Southeastern University School of Law, 2006
- BA, Florida Atlantic University, 2002
- Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice Florida State Courts, 2007
- Professional & Bar Association Memberships Florida Bar Association
The Broward Boys & Girls Club and Fort Lauderdale’s Riverwalk Trust are just a couple of the community efforts that Jason has been especially involved with and supportive of in recent years.
An indication of Jason’s innovative approach to community involvement moving forward was born when he met 1976 Olympic boxing gold medal winner, Howard Davis Jr., while doing his personal MMA training in Fort Lauderdale.
Davis was just starting up his locally headquartered new professional MMA league, Fight Time Promotions, and as it quickly grew into the leading fight promotion company in Florida, Davis invited Jason and the “Fight Team” at Thomas & Pearl to become a sponsor. After seeing how dedicated Fight Time was to building local youth training and advancement programs, and its involvement in other community efforts, Thomas & Pearl’s official sponsorship of Fight Time Promotions was announced in April, 2012 .
Jason was also instrumental in the firm’s recent expansion into Criminal Law – a response to years of requests from friends, neighbors and the community at large for the firm to make just such a move.
Fighting for his clients with that combination of calm and toughness will always come first for Jason. But also look for him to continue finding new and better ways for Thomas & Pearl to meet the needs of those clients, and of the community as a whole
- Our forty years of experience in successfully navigating Florida’s state, county and municipal legal and judicial systems.
- Our versatility in having handled every imaginable kind of personal injury or accident case, plus Labor Law cases, Social Security Disability cases; and now, Criminal Law cases as well.
- Our integrity & tenacity in dealing with police departments, health care institutions and providers, insurance companies and their high-priced lawyers, employers and their lawyers.
- Our teamwork, featuring attorneys and support staff working in tight-knit tandem – not only with one another, but also with every client, listening and communicating clearly, throughout every stage of the legal process.