Elissa S. Pearl has been practicing law in Florida since 2000, and has been an associate with Thomas & Pearl since 2001. Elissa also has a strong business background, having worked in commercial production casting and campaign development in New York City, for one of the world’s leading advertising and marketing firms, Grey Advertising.
With this unique background, Elissa has gained extensive knowledge and experience in Law, Business, Advertising & Marketing; the intersection and overlap of all these disciplines; and the art and skill of dealing deftly with a diverse range of people, in what are so often high-stakes, high-pressure situations.
She earned her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Miami School of Law in Coral Gables, Florida, where she graduated cum laude, and received a BA degree from the State University of New York at Stony Brook, in New York.
She is a member of the Florida Bar Association (and Colorado as well) and proudly served on the Association’s Animal Law Committee for several years. Ms. Pearl is also a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator.
As an attorney at Thomas & Pearl for over a decade, Elissa’s areas of focus have included Personal Injuries, and Divorce Mediation.
- JD, University of Miami School of Law, 2000 Cum Laude
- BA, State University of New York at Stony Brook With Honors
- Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice Florida State Courts, 2000
- PEleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 2000
- Southern & Middle District Courts of Florida, 2001
- Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Florida Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Appointed to Animal Law Committee Member Since: 2009
In addition to being a successful associate at a leading South Florida law practice, Elissa has been a highly dedicated, involved mother, and community activist. Two causes in particular that she has championed are anti-bullying programs to protect our children in and out of schools, and Animal Rights initiatives. Her work lobbying for animal welfare legislation at the municipal, county, and state levels has given her the opportunity to work with elected officials throughout the state, and has resulted in an anti-puppy mill ordinance in Lake Worth, FL, and stricter animal welfare ordinances in Palm Beach County.
It is Elissa’s combination of Legal and Business savvy, tough-mindedness and compassion, that makes her such a plus for the firm, and such a pleasure to work with for colleagues and clients alike.
When not practicing law or fighting for children’s and animal rights, Ms. Pearl enjoys spending time with family, nature photography, reading medical journals, and traveling.
– See more at: http://thomasandpearl.com/meet-our-team/elissa-pearl/#sthash.Jgh5oUfS.dpuf
- Our forty years of experience in successfully navigating Florida’s state, county and municipal legal and judicial systems.
- Our versatility in having handled every imaginable kind of personal injury or accident case, plus Labor Law cases, Social Security Disability cases; and now, Criminal Law cases as well.
- Our integrity & tenacity in dealing with police departments, health care institutions and providers, insurance companies and their high-priced lawyers, employers and their lawyers.
- Our teamwork, featuring attorneys and support staff working in tight-knit tandem – not only with one another, but also with every client, listening and communicating clearly, throughout every stage of the legal process.