In 1973, Brian Pearl (together with the late Robert Thomas) founded Thomas & Pearl PA, a law firm that has stood the test of time and remained steadfast in its commitment to providing injury and accident victims in South Florida with the very highest level of legal representation.
Over decades of facing off against insurance companies, employers, high-priced corporate lawyers and all manner of legal obstacles, Brian and his firm have gained a reputation for integrity, tenacity and effectiveness. He and the firm’s other attorneys have always handled critical out of court negotiations and mediation with the utmost preparation, persuasiveness and success, often meeting and exceeding clients’ expectations without ever going to trial.
But, as Brian says with such clarity and conviction in the firm’s introductory overview video , when all else fails and a Thomas & Pearl client still has not received a fair settlement:
“We know where the courthouse is…”
In fact, with his deep in-area roots, Brian Pearl knows where a whole lot of things in South Florida are, especially legally-related. He graduated from the University of Miami School of Business Administration (majoring in Finance) in 1969 with a Bachelors Degree, and continued his studies at the University of Miami School of Law, receiving his Juris Doctorate Degree in only two-and-a-half years.
- JD, University of Miami School of Law, 1972
- BA, University of Miami, 1969
- Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice, Florida, 1972
- Past Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- American Arbitration Association
It’s worth noting that Pearl’s studies at at the University of Miami School of Law were not only accelerated, but illustrious , as he twice received the school’s prestigious Book Award, designating him as the top student in his class in both Insurance Law, and Remedies.
Brian began his professional legal career in April, 1972 and in 1973 formed a partnership with Robert Thomas to found a new South Florida law firm specializing in Personal Injury Law. Having withstood the test of time – and having stood out amidst an endless glut of injury lawyers and firms that surfaced in recent years – the law firm of Thomas and Pearl PA has proudly represented over 20,000 clients throughout Florida over the past four decades.
Brian Pearl is currently a member in good standing of the Florida Bar Association and has previously been a member of both the American Arbitration Association as well as the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers. His own practice areas include all forms of personal injury, catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, premises liability, motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, nursing home abuse, construction accidents and defective product cases. Additionally, he has represented over 5000 men and women who suffered work related injuries over the last 40 years, helping them gain the medical and wage loss benefits they so desperately needed, and were entitled to.
As is the case with the law firm he co-founded, Brian is an active member of the local community and a big believer in “giving back” to that community. He is president of a local charity which has provided charitable contributions and funding support to a wide range of organizations, including the Paralyzed and Injured Veterans of America, Miami Lighthouse for the Blind, Susan G. Komen Foundation, Christian Children’s Fund, and multiple animal care and animal rescue sanctuaries in South Florida – t o name just a few. Pearl and the firm also support local foster care programs, back to school supply programs for needy children, and other community-related endeavors.
Brian Pearl is married, with 3 adult children – two of whom are attorneys with Thomas & Pearl – and 3 grandchildren whom he greatly enjoys spending time with.
- Our forty years of experience in successfully navigating Florida’s state, county and municipal legal and judicial systems.
- Our versatility in having handled every imaginable kind of personal injury or accident case, plus Labor Law cases, Social Security Disability cases; and now, Criminal Law cases as well.
- Our integrity & tenacity in dealing with police departments, health care institutions and providers, insurance companies and their high-priced lawyers, employers and their lawyers.
- Our teamwork, featuring attorneys and support staff working in tight-knit tandem – not only with one another, but also with every client, listening and communicating clearly, throughout every stage of the legal process.